Archives For teaching

Yesterday I posted the Christmas At The Movies sermon series trailer we created. You can watch it here if you missed it. 

It was the Saturday night before our Sunday morning kick off of our Christmas teachings series and I had just launched Apple Motion to begin work on our series trailer. After 90 minutes of editing I was ready to render the project. I clicked render and immediately Motion told me it’d take 9 hours to render, 15 minutes later it said it’d take 12 hours. I didn’t have 12 hours to wait. I didn’t have six hours to wait.

So I punted.

I opened iMovie. Selected a trailer theme. Dropped video clips. Added text.
Five minutes later I was rending and the video was done.

There are over 20 Apple Trailer Themes that you can take advantage of, that include easy drop zones for your video clips, photos and text.

Screen Shot 2013-12-16 at 10.18.21 PM

ChristmasAtTheMovies-Mockup600

 

For our Christmas series at The Fields Church part of our branding and marketing strategy was to develop a microsite. All of our direct mailing, social, and eNewsletters have pushed our traffic to Christmas At The Movies.

Five Reasons We Created A Microsite

1) Provide General Information About The Series
Times, dates, location, maps, directions via Google Maps and general information about The Fields Church.

2) Help Attenders and First Time Guests Know What To Expect
We wanted to answer as many questions as possible, so that there were no surprises for the 1st time guest.
We provide what to wear, what their kids do, length of services, etc.

3) Let Them Know What We Are Talking About
We layout out each week’s topic so they know what to anticipate. You never know what will perk who’s interest.

4) Simple Ticketing
For our special Candlelight Service we have limited tickets available, so we offered an easy solution for them to reserve free tickets.

5) Easy To Share With Others
We’ve provided three easy ways (Twitter, Facebook and Email Invites) for them to share with others about Christmas at the Movies.

ChristmasAtTheMovies-Screenshot

Want a website or branding similar to this. Hire me.

 

700 Ping Pong Balls

November 17, 2013

700PingPongBalls

During our “From Navels to Neighborhoods” teaching series, we used the illustration of ping pong balls to represent the percentage of people attending church in our community. Statistics tells us that on any given Sunday that 30% of our community (Mattoon & Charleston) are attending a church, and that the remaining 70% are lost and scattered without a shepherd.

We had a container on the stage with 300 ping pong balls representing the 30% that are attending church, and as Pastor Travis was sharing about the other 70% that are lost and scattered, he pulled a string that opened a bag that released 700 ping pong balls onto his head and the stage. These balls flooded the stage and a couple of the rows up front.

Thomas Teaching Artwork

April 27, 2011

Artwork for our teaching on “Thomas.”

Continue Reading...

Get Off The Couch

January 5, 2011

This upcoming Sunday we are kicking off a teaching series called “Get Off The Couch” at The Fields Church.

Continue Reading...

Mythbusters Artwork

August 30, 2010

Mythbusters Sermon Series Artwork

Artwork of our September series called Mythbusters.
I didn’t want to go with the traditional look the tv series uses.

Graphic I designed for our current teaching series at The Fields Church.
We used a custom photo for this piece.

The Biggest Loser Sermon Artwork

Mother's Day at The Fields Church

Mother's Day at The Fields Church

Mother's Day at The Fields Church

Want sweet photos like these?
Hire Joey Bright.