When we hear the word orphan, we think of a small village in Kenya, but there are 1/2 million orphans in foster care in America.
Sunday, November 7 is Orphan Sunday.
This event is developed by The Christian Alliance of Orphans to make churches and christian aware of the orphan need.
How can your church get involved.
How you can get involved personally.
Pray for them.
- Tape a waiting child’s picture to your dashboard and pray for the child every time you’re in a car.
- Visit AdoptUsKids.org or RainbowKids.com
Speak up for them.
- Carry a waiting child’s picture and show it to other believers. Ask if they, or someone they know, would give this child a home.
- Become a court appointed special advocate for a child in foster care. Visit NationalCASA.org for details.
Provide for their needs.
- Give sacrificially to a reputable orphanage. Financial gifts can be designated for specific items and aid needed by orphans. Visit HelpOrphans.org for more information.
- Organize a drive in your church to collect school supplies for children in foster care or shoes for orphans overseas. Visit GainUSA.org or ShoesForOrphanSouls.org.
Wanting more ways to get involved. 10 Ways Every Christian Can Care for the Orphan and Waiting Child